Like HowStuffWorks on Facebook!
More Great Links
- Albin, Maurice S. and Patrick Sim. "Oliver Wendell Holmes, M.D., 1809-1984, Poet, Physician and Anesthesia Advocate." ASA Newsletter. October 2004.http://www.asahq.org/Newsletters/2004/10_04/albin.html
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. "Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect." AANA. 2009.http://www.aana.com/uploadedFiles/For_Patients/sedation_brochure03.pdf
- American Dental Association. "Anesthesia." ADA. 2009.http://www.ada.org/public/topics/anesthesia_faq.asp
- American Pregnancy Association. "Epidural Anesthesia." APA. October 2007.http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/epidural.html
- American Society of Anesthesiologists. "Anesthesia and You." ASA. 1994.http://www.asahq.org/patientEducation/anesandyou.htm
- BCMA Medical Museum. "Anaesthesiology Collection." British Columbia Medical Association. 2008.http://www.bcmamedicalmuseum.org/collections/Anaesthesiology
- Hewer, C. Langton. "The Stages and Signs of General Anesthesia." British Journal of Medicine. August 7, 1937.http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2087073
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "General Anesthesia." June 27, 2008. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER).http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anesthesia/MY00100/METHOD=print
- Massachusetts General Hospital Neurosurgical Service, Harvard Medical School. "'We Have Conquered Pain': A Celebration of Ether 1846-1996." MSH Neurosurgical Service. May 11, 2005. http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/History/ether1.htm
- Miller, Ron D. "Miller's Anesthesia." New York : Elsevier/Churchill Livingstone. 2005.
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences. "Understanding Anesthesia." National Institutes of Health. December 2007.http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Publications/factsheet_Anesthesia.htm
- Oysten, Dr. John. "A Patient's Guide to Local and Regional Anesthesia." Department of Anesthesia at Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital. 1998.http://www.oyston.com/anaes/local.html