Lots More InformationRelated HowStuffWorks Articles
- How do radio-controlled clocks that set themselves to the atomic clock in Colorado work?
- How Digital Clocks Work
- How Quartz Watches Work
- Inside a Wind-up Alarm Clock
- How Pendulum Clocks Work
- How Time Works
- NIST-F1 Cesium Fountain Clock
- How the NIST-F1 Cesium Fountain Clock Works
- NIST Radio Station WWVB
- The Official U.S. Time
- Free Atomic Clock Sync Utility
Douglas Dwyer is the founder of Frequency Precision Ltd. in the UK. He provides consulting and design services to the world-wide electronics industry. Mr. Dwyer has been involved in frequency control since the mid-1960s and has published articles on crystal oscillators, temperature-compensated crystal oscillators, oven-controlled crystal oscillators, surface acoustic wave oscillators, and industrial quartz crystal fabrication technologies. The history of clocks and watches has been an interest of his since he got involved in the design of quartz watches.