Earth is great, but could we terraform other planetary bodies to make them fit for human life? Learn more about terraforming at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Anthes, R.A. (et al.). "The COSMIC/FORMOSAT-3 Mission: Early Results." Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. Vol. 89, no. 3. Page 313-333. March 2008.
- Anthes, Richard A; Rocken, Christian; Kuo, Ying-Hwa. "Applications of COSMIC to Meteorology and Climate." Terr., Atmos. Ocean. Sci. Vol. 11, no. 1. Page 157-186. March 2000.
- Bernhardt, Paul (et al.). "Atmospheric Studies with the Tri-Band Beacon Instrument on the COSMIC Constellation." Terr., Atmos. Ocean. Sci. Vol. 11, no. 1. Page 291-312. March 2000.
- Chen-Joe Fong (et al.). "FORMOSAT-3/COSMIC Space craft Constellation System, Mission Results, and Prospect for Follow-On Mission." Terr., Atmos. Ocean. Sci. Vol. 20, no. 1. Page 1-19. February 2009.
- Constellation Observing System for Meteorology, Ionosphere, and Climate: A Joint Taiwan-U.S. Space Mission for Atmospheric and Geodetic Sciences (2002).
- Cucurull, Linda (Joint Center for Satellite Data Assimilation-NOAA). "Operational Use of COSMIC Observations at NOAA." 2007 FORMOSAT-3/COSMIC Data Users Workshop. October 23, 2007. (Accessed March 18, 2010.) http://www.cosmic.ucar.edu/oct2007workshop/pdf/cucurull_23.pdf
- Dymond, Kenneth F. (et al.). "Ionospheric Electron Density Measurements Using COSMIC" (PowerPoint presentation). Session 4, New Data Sources and Products (American Meteorological Society meeting). January 21, 2008. Accessed March 18, 2010.
- Henson, Bob. "Signal Accomplishments." UCAR Quarterly. Fall 2007.
- Hunt, Doug. Software Engineer (UCAR-COSMIC). Personal correspondence. March 16, 2010.
- Rocken, Christian (et al.). "COSMIC System Description." Terr., Atmos. Ocean. Sci. Vol. 11, no. 1. Page 21-52. March 2000.
- Schreiner, Bill (et al.). "COSMIC Data Analysis and Archive Center (CDAAC): Activities, Ionospheric Research." January 18, 2010. (Accessed March 14, 2010.) http://www.cosmic.ucar.edu/groupAct/references/IWG-Schreiner.pdf
- Schreiner, Bill (et al.). "COSMIC Data Analysis and Archive Center (CDAAC): Current Status and Future Plans." Fourth FORMOSAT-3/COSMIC Data Users Workshop. October 27-29, 2009.
- Schreiner, Bill (CDAAC). Personal correspondence. March 17, 2010.
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research. "COSMIC (main project Web site)." November, 2009. (Accessed March 14, 2010.) http://www.cosmic.ucar.edu
- Yalda, Sepideh. Professor of Meteorology, Millersville University. Personal interview. March 25, 2010.