Everyone knows Einstein as a wild-haired genius who upended physics, but HowStuffWorks can tell you a few things about Einstein that may be news.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Newton's Laws of Motion Work
- How Albert Einstein's Brain Worked
- How the Enlightenment Worked
- What would happen if you fired a gun on a train moving as fast as a bullet?
- What if I threw a penny off the Empire State Building?
- How Special Relativity Works
- How Time Works
- Does time change speed?
- How Warp Speed Works
- How Geniuses Work
- How does gravity work?
- How Charles Darwin Worked
More Great Links
- "Arianism." Encyclopedia Britannica. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/34124/Arianism
- Christianson, Gale. "Birth of a Masterpiece." PBS. November 2005. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/newton/principia.html
- "A Complicated Man." PBS. November 2005.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/newton/buchwald.html
- Einstein, Albert. "Isaac Newton." PBS.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/newton/einstein.html
- "Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz." University of St. Andrews. October 1998.http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Biographies/Leibniz.html
- "His Legacy - Newton's Dark Secrets." PBS. November 2005. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/newton/legacy.html
- "Isaac Newton's Life." Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences. Microsoft Encarta. 1998.http://www.newton.ac.uk/newtlife.html
- "Isaac Newton's Personal Life." The Newton Project. 2009.http://www.newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/prism.php?id=40
- "John Flamsteed." NNDB. 2009.http://www.nndb.com/people/727/000096439/
- "John Flamsteed." University of St. Andrews. April 1997.http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Biographies/Flamsteed.html
- Newman, Bill. "Magic or Mainstream Science?" PBS. November 2005. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/newton/alch-newman.html
- "Newton, Isaac." Science World. Wolfram Research. 2007. http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/Newton.html
- "Newton's Birth Date and the Anni Mirabiles." Math Pages. http://www.mathpages.com/HOME/kmath121/kmath121.htm
- "Newton's Life and Work at a Glance." The Newton Project. 2009. http://www.newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/prism.php?id=15
- "Sir Isaac Newton." University of St. Andrews. January 2000.http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Biographies/Newton.html
- Snobelen, Stephen D. and Newall, Paul. "Newton Reconsidered." The Galilean Library. 2005. http://www.galilean-library.org/manuscript.php?postid=43808