Like HowStuffWorks on Facebook!
More Great Links
- Brain Injury Association of America, Blue Ribbon Panel Review of the Correlation Between Brain Injury and Roller Coaster Rides. February 25, 2003.http://www.biausa.org/Pages/blue_final_report.html
- Consumer Product Safety Commission. “Amusement Ride-Related Injuries and Deaths in the United States: 1987-2000,” August 2001.http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/Amus2001.pdf
- Evans, Julie. “The Big Thrill, the Hidden Danger.” Prevention.http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s1-1-74-112-1792-1,00.html
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.
- “U.S. Amusement Park Attendance and Revenue History.”http://www.iaapa.org/pressroom/Amusement_Park_Attendance_Revenue_History.asp
- Kopytoff, Verne G. “Roller Coasters Take a Ride From Wild To Wired,” August 20, 1998.http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9405E4D7153DF933A1575BC0A96E95826
- “Risks of riding roller coasters for people with heart disease.” Medical News Today, Nov. 21, 2005.http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/33777.php
- U.S. Department of Transportation. “Traffic Safety Facts 2005.” http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/TSFANN/TSF2005.pdf