Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Could salt water fuel cars?
- Grassoline: Can we fuel cars with grass?
- Have we reached peak oil?
- How Biodiesel Works
- How Electricity Works
- How Power Grids Work
- How Wave Energy Works
- How Wind Power Works
- Is there a way to get energy for free?
More Great Links
- BP Global. http://www.bp.com/
- "Energy Facts." Solar Energy International. http://www.solarenergy.org/resources/energyfacts.html
- "Exploring 'Attosecond' Time." Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences. National Research Council Canada. 2007. http://steacie.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/personal/corkum/atto4_e.html
- "Frequently Asked Questions." Energy Information Administration (EIA). U.S. Department of Energy. http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/ask/faq.asp
- Hren, Rebekah and Stephen. "Solving Energy Crisis with Renewables Could Lead to Ecological Collapse." The Huffington Post. 2008. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebekah-and-stephen-hren/solving- energy-crisis-wit_b_113812.html
- IEO Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme. http://www.ieagreen.org.uk
- "International Energy Outlook 2008." Energy Information Administration (EIA). U.S. Department of Energy. 2008. http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/ieo/index.html
- International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). http://www.ipcc.ch/
- "Key World Energy Statistics." International Energy Agency. 2007. http://www.iea.org/textbase/nppdf/free/2007/Key_Stats_2007.pdf
- Maidment, Paul. "It's The Consumption, Stupid." Forbes. 2006. http://www.forbes.com/2006/10/06/energy-oil-ethanol-biz-energy_cx_ pm_1009overview_energy06.html
- "MIT duo sees people-powered 'Crowd Farm'." MIT News. Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 2007. http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/crowdfarm-0725.html
- "Population and Energy Consumption." World Populations Balance. http://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/pop/energy/
- "The power and the glory." The Economist. 2008. http://www.economist.com/surveys/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11565685
- "The State of Consumption Today." Worldwatch Institute. http://www.worldwatch.org/node/810