Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How C-4 Works
- How Grenades Work
- Inside "MythBusters"
- How does saturation diving work?
- What causes "the bends?"
- What if I tried to drive my car underwater?
- What if my scuba diving equipment failed?
More Great Links
- The Inter-Agency Committee on Marine Science and Technology Underwater Explosive Laboratory
- U.S. Army Aberdeen Underwater Explosions Test Facility
- Alexander, David L. "Can you compress a liquid (water)?" Physlink.com. (July 24, 2008)http://www.physlink.com/Education/askExperts/ae15.cfm
- Harris, Tom. "How C-4 Works." HowStuffWorks.com. June 20, 2002. (July 24, 2008)http://science.howstuffworks.com/c-4.htm
- "Introduction to Naval Weapons Engineering." United States Navy. Jan. 20, 1998. (July 24, 2008)http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/navy/docs/es310/uw_wpns/uw_wpns.htm
- Landsberg, P.G. "Underwater Blast Injuries." Trauma & Emergency Medicine." July 2000. (July 24, 2008)http://www.scuba-doc.com/uwblast.html
- Lewis, John A. "Effects of Underwater Explosions on Life in the Sea." Australian Government Department of Defense Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory. August 1996. (July 24, 2008)http://stinet.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA315490&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf
- Sutphen, Sussan K. "Blast Injuries: A Review." Medscape Today. Nov. 9, 2005. (July 24, 2008)http://www.medscape.com/viewprogram/4714