What's involved in crime scene cleanup? Learn about the various hazards of crime scene clean up in this interactive gallery from HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Bloodstain Pattern Analysis Works
- How Computer Forensics Works
- How Crime Scene Investigation Works
- How Crime Scene Photography Works
- How Fingerprinting Works
- How Forensic Dentistry Works
More Great Links
- Biever, Celeste. "Superglue gun could finger bomb suspects." NewScientist, May 3, 2004. http://technology.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4934&print=true.
- Castillo, Fabiola. "Forensic Chemistry - Using Laboratory Chemicals to Reveal Fingerprints." http://www.buzzle.com/articles/forensic-chemistry-using-laboratory-
- Dillon, Hall. "Forensic Scientists: A Career in the Crime Lab." Occupational Outlook Quarterly, Fall 1999, pgs. 2-7.
- Elliott, Master Sgt. Scott. "OSI The Fact-Finders." AIRMAN, March 2003, pgs. 34-39.
- "Forensic Science Center." Energy & Technology Review, March 1994, pgs. 1-8.
- Forensics Illustrated. http://www.bsapp.com/forensics_illustrated/forensic_text_adobe
- Kluger, Jeffrey. "How Science Solves Crimes." Time, October 21, 2002, pg. 36.
- McLeod, Vince and Glenn Ketcham. "Chemical Safety in the Forensic Lab." Forensic Magazine, Fall 2004. http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=19.
- "New Reagents for Development of Latent Fingerprints." National Institute of Justice Update, September 1995.
- New Jersey State Police, Office of Forensic Sciences. "Forensic Serology." http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/divorg/invest/criminalistics.html.
- Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods (SWGDAM). Guidance Document for Implementing Health and Safety Programs in DNA Laboratories. http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/april2003/swgdamsafety.htm
- Scientific Working Group on Materials Analysis. Forensic Paint Analysis and Comparison Guidelines. http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/july1999/painta.htm.
- Stehlin, Isadora B. "FDA's Forensic Center: Speedy, Sophisticated Sleuthing." FDA Consumer, July/August 1995, pgs. 5-9.
- Waggoner, Kim. "The FBI Laboratory: 75 Years of Forensic Science Service." Forensic Science Communications, October 2007.
- Westchester Department of Laboratories and Research. "Forensic Chemistry." http://www.westchestergov.com/labsresearch/forensicandtox/forensic/
- Wilkinson, TJ, Dale Perry, Wayne McKinney, and Michael Martin. "Physics and Forensics: Synchotron Radiation is Helping to Identify Tiny Amounts of Paint, Drugs, and Fibres Found at Crime Scenes." Physics World, March 2002, pgs. 43-46.