Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Food Works
- How Fats Work
- How Cholesterol Works
- How Vitamin D Works
- How Water Works
- What's the big deal about milk?
- What are homogenization and pasteurization?
More Great Links
- I Love Cheese!: American Dairy Association
- The American Cheese Society
- Beginning Cheese Making
- Barrett, Rick. "China acquires a taste for cheese, whey." Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, October 1, 2007. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=669565
- Chou, Hsiao-Ching. "On Food: Say Affinage, and let cheese perfection cause you to smile." Seattle Post-Intelligencer, May 18, 2005. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/224641_chou18.html
- Cheese Facts and Figures: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. http://www.wisdairy.com/AllAboutCheese/CheeseFactsAndFigures.aspx
- Fletcher, Janet. "Limburger is worth sniffing out." San Francisco Chronicle, November 3, 2006. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/
- Fankhauser, David B. "Rennet for Making Cheese." University of Cincinnati Clermont College, May 18, 2007. http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/Rennet/Rennet.html
- "Food Facts: The Dangers of Raw Milk." USFDA, October 2006. http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/rawmilk.html
- International Dairy Foods Association. http://www.idfa.org/
- Jenkins, Steven. "Cheese Primer." Workman Publishing Company, 1996.
- Lambert, Paula. "The Cheese Lover's Cookbook and Guide." Simon & Schuster, 2000.
- Thompson, Andrea. "The Strange History of Cheese." LiveScience, May 28, 2007. http://www.livescience.com/history/070528_cheese_science.html
- U.S. Cheese: U.S. Dairy Export Board. http://www.usdec.org/Products/