Food scientists rely on many skills to figure out how to feed our growing world population. Test your knowledge with this HowStuffWorks quiz.
More Great Links
- Arbuckle, W.S. "Ice Cream." 4th Edition. Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1986. 0-87055-479-4.
- Damerow, Gail. "Ice Cream: The whole scoop." Gelnbridge, 1991. 0-944435-09-2.
- Fleisher, Paul. "Ice Cream Treats: The inside scoop." Carolrhoda, 2001. 1-57505-268-7.
- "Ice Cream in a Bag." Ag, Ziplocs, and You, Illinois Farm Bureau. http://www.agintheclassroom.org/resources/agziploc.pdf
- "Ice Cream Sales and Trends." International Dairy Foods Association. http://www.idfa.org/facts/icmonth/page2.cfm
- Jaspersohn, William. "Ice Cream." MacMillan, 1988. 0-02-747821-1.
- Penn State Ice Cream Short Course Information. http://conferences.cas.psu.edu/IceCream/default.htm
- "Safe Handing of Milk and Dairy Products." Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service. http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC3510.htm
- "Standards for Ice Cream." United States Department of Agriculture. http://www.ams.usda.gov/standards/Icecream.pdf
- Stogo, Malcolm. Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts: A commercial guide to production and marketing. John Wiley & Sons, 1998. 0-471-15392-3.
- "What's the difference?" Newsday. http://www.newsday.com/features/food/ny-icecream-difference,0,1076538.story?coll=ny-foodday-print