Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How can sugar explode?
- What if I put sugar in someone's gas tank?
- Is honey the same as sugar?
- How much sugar do they really put in soft drinks?
- Blood sugar
- How bad for you is high-fructose corn syrup?
- Do food manufacturers manipulate taste?
- How Flavor Tripping Works
- How Artificial Sweeteners Work
More Great Links
- Alden, Lori. "Sugars."The Cook's Thesaurus.http://www.foodsubs.com/Sweeten.html
- "All About Sugar." The Sugar Bureau.http://www.sugar-bureau.co.uk/general_information/all_about_sugar/index.html
- "Different Types of Sugar." The Sugar Bureau.http://www.sugar-bureau.co.uk/general_information/all_about_sugar/details.html?act=detail&id_item=471
- Donovan, Lisa. "Mexican Coke: It's the real thing." Chicago Sun-Times. Feb. 4, 2009.http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/food/1411332,FOO-News-det04.article
- Eisenberg, Anne. "What's Next; A Sugar Cube, Please: I Need to Charge My Cellphone." The New York Times. Sept. 18, 2003.http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/18/technology/what-s-next-a-sugar-cube-please-i-need-to-charge-my-cellphone.html?scp=3&sq=sugar&st=cse
- "How is alcohol made?" Allied Domecq.http://www.at-bristol.org.uk/Alcoholandyou/Facts/howisitmade.htm
- "How Sugar Affects Diabetes." WebMD.http://diabetes.webmd.com/how-sugar-affects-diabetes
- Kimball, John W. "Carbohydrates." Dec. 9, 2004.http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/C/Carbohydrates.html
- Mendonca, Marisa Luisa. "Impacts of Expansion of Sugarcane Monocropping for Ethanol Production." Land Action Research Network. Jan. 27, 2009. http://www.landaction.org/spip/spip.php?article380
- O'Connor, Anahad. "The Claim: Sugar in the Diet Can Lead to Acne." The New York Times. Feb. 23, 2009.http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/health/24real.html
- Ophardt, Charles E. "Sucrose." Virtual Chembook. 2003. http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/546sucrose.html
- Ophardt, Charles E. "Sugar and Tooth Decay." Virtual Chembook. 2003. http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/548toothdecay.html
- Parker-Pope, Tara. "Does Fructose Make You Fatter?" The New York Times. July 24, 2008. http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/does-fructose-make-you-fatter/
- "Portion Control." American Diabetes Association.http://www.diabetes.org/for-parents-and-kids/diabetes-care/portion-control.jsp
- Purchon, Nigel D. "Sugars." Oct. 6, 2007. http://www.purchon.com/biology/sugars.htm
- Rohter, Larry. "With Big Boost From Sugarcane, Brazil Is Satisfying Its Fuel Needs." The New York Times. April 10, 2006.http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/10/world/americas/10brazil.htm
- Severson, Kim. "Sugar Is Back on Food Labels, This Time as a Selling Point." The New York Times. March 20, 2009.
- "The Story of Sugar." The Sugar Bureau. http://www.sugar-bureau.co.uk
- "Sugar - get the facts." Chew On This. Feb. 22, 2006. http://www.chewonthis.org.uk/fat_salt_sugar/sugar_home.htm
- "Uses of Sugar." The Sugar Bureau. http://www.sugar-bureau.co.uk/general_information/all_about_sugar/details.html?act=detail&id_item=470
- Warner, Melanie. "A Sweetener With A Bad Rap." The New York Times. July 2, 2006. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/02/business/yourmoney/02syrup.html
- "Xylose." Princeton Wordnet. http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=xylose