Lots More Information
- How Airport Security Works
- How X-rays Work
- How Backscatter X-ray Systems Work
- How Liquid Explosives Work
- How Metal Detectors Work
- Who invented the X-ray?
- Do I have a "terrorist Score" on file with homeland security?
- Aren't there machines that can detect liquid explosives?
More Great Links
- American Science and Engineering: Z Backscatter
- Electronic Privacy Information Center: "Backscatter" X-Ray Screening Technology
- Health Physics Society: Screening Individuals with Backscatter X-Ray Systems
- Bowers, Faye. "With full-body X-ray, a closer look at air travelers." The Christian Science Monitor. Feb. 26, 2007. http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0226/p02s02-ussc.html
- Frank, Thomas. "Revealing X-ray scanner makes its debut." USA Today. Feb. 26, 2007. http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2007-02-26-backscatter-usat_x.htm
- "Radiation Exposure Examples." HyperPhysics. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/nucene/radexp.html
- "Screening Individuals with Backscatter X-Ray Systems." Health Physics Society. http://hps.org/hpspublications/articles/screenindx-ray.html
- "Z Backscatter." American Science and Engineering, Inc. http://www.as-e.com/products_solutions/z_backscatter.asp