Lots More Information
- How Lasers Work
- How Laser Weapons Work
- How Laser Printers Work
- How LASIK Works
- How CD Burners Work
- How DVDs Work
- How Holograms Work
- What is laser clot busting?
- How Sci-fi Doesn't Work
- 10 Cool Tools
More Great Links
- Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, U.S. Army Research Laboratory
- Introduction to Analytical Spectroscopy
- Laser Analysis Technologies
- Avantes Solutions in Spectroscopy
- Andor. "Application Note: Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)." (Oct. 26, 2008) www.lot-oriel.com/site/site_down/cc_apparchaeology_deen.pdf
- Andor. "Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)." (Oct. 26, 2008) http://www.andor.com/learn/applications/?docid=65
- Bradford, Traci and M. Nicole Cook. "Inductively Coupled Plasma." 1997. (Oct. 28, 2008) http://www.cee.vt.edu/ewr/environmental/teach/smprimer/icp/icp.html
- Faber, Sandra M. "Spectrometer." World Book Multimedia Encyclopedia. 2004.
- Greenemeier, Larry. "Deconstructing Art to Save It: Laser Analysis Tested to Restore Paintings." Scientific American News. July 9, 2008. (Oct. 26, 2008) http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=deconstructing-art-to-save
- Hecht, Jeff. "Optics: Light for a New Age." Charles Scribner's Sons. 1987.
- Hering, Peter, J.P. Lay and Sandra Stry. "Laser in Environmental and Life Sciences." Springer. 2004.
- Laser Analysis Technologies. "Spectrolaser: A New Solution to the Elemental Characterization of Materials." (Oct. 26, 2008) www.laseranalysis.com/media/Spectrolaser%204000%20brochure.pdf
- Laser Focus World. "LIBS leaves the lab for field work in industry and defense." 2001. (Nov. 5, 2008) http://www.laserfocusworld.com/articles/article_display.html?id=185735
- Leary, Julie A. "Mass spectrometry." World Book Multimedia Encyclopedia. 2004.
- Samek, Ota, Helmut H. Telle and David C.S. Beddows. "Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy: a tool for real-time, in vitro and in vivo identification of carious teeth." BMC Oral Health. Dec. 19, 2001.
- Sobel, Michael I. "Light." The University of Chicago Press. 1987.
- Trefil, James. "1001 Things Everyone Should Know About Science." Doubleday. 1992.
- U.S. Army Research Laboratory. "What is Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)?" (Oct. 26, 2008) http://www.arl.army.mil/www/default.cfm?Action=247&Page=247