Your memory isn't as trustworthy as you think. Learn 10 ways your memory is completely inaccurate at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuff Works Articles
- Is the human brain still evolving?
- Brain Quiz
- Are teenage brains really different from adult brains?
- How Brain Mapping Works
- Top 5 Unsolved Brain Mysteries
- Why are people's brains different sizes?
- Top 10 Myths about the Brain
- Is the brain hardwired for religion?
- Do men and women have different brains?
- Is morality located in the brain?
- What happens in the brain during an orgasm?
- How Autism Works
- How Your Brain Works
- How Geniuses Work
More Great Links
- Blakeselee, Sandra. "A Disease That Allowd Torrents of Creativity." New York Times. April 8, 2008. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/08/health/08brai.html
- Blumenthal, Ralph. "Success at 14, Despite Autism; His Drawings Go for Up to $1,200 and Win High Praise." New York Times. Jan. 16, 2002. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9907E7DA1238F935A25752C0A9649C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all
- Fox, Douglas S. "The Inner Savant." Discover Magazine. Feb. 1, 2002. http://discovermagazine.com/2002/feb/featsavant
- Harding, Anne. "Brain damage unleashes your inner Picasso." Reuters. ABC. Oct. 20, 2006. http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2006/1769611.htm
- Sacks, Oliver. "An Anthropologist on Mars: Seven Paradoxical Tales." The Stephen Wiltshire Gallery. http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/oliver_sacks.aspx
- Smith, Carol. "Brain tumor opens her mind to art." The Seattle Post-Intelligencer. March 13, 2006. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/262705_brain13.html
- Treffert, Darold A. "Musical Genius, Blindness and Mental Handicap: An Intriguing Triad." Wisconsin Medical Society. 2008. http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant_syndrome/savant_articles/music
- Treffert, Darold A. "The 'Acquired Savant' -- 'Accidental' Genius." Wisconsin Medical Society. http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant_syndrome/savant_articles/acquired_savant
- Wansell, Geoffrey. "Revealed: How autistic genius Stephen Wiltshire drew his amazing picture of London's skyline." Daily Mail. April 8, 2008. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-557942/Revealed-How-autistic-genius-Stephen-Wiltshire-drew-amazing-picture-Londons-skyline.html
- Wilson, H.W. "Stephen Wiltshire Biography." http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/biography.aspx
- "About Stephen." The Stephen Wiltshire Gallery. http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/index.aspx
- "Art changes after stroke." Agence France-Presse. ABC. May 17, 2005. http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1370231.htm
- "Michelangelo may have been autistic." Agence France-Presse. ABC. June 1, 2004. http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1120348.htm
- "Were Socrates, Darwin, Andy Warhol and Einstein Autistic?" Medical News Today. Jan. 11, 2004. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/5274.php