Lots More InformationRelated HowStuffWorks Articles
- How MRI Works
- How Your Brain Works
- Brain Quiz
- MRI Quiz
- How Brain Mapping Works
- How Credit Cards Work
- How Revolving Credit Works
- How Amazon Works
- Can companies beam advertisements into my brain?
- BankRate: What will it take to pay off my credit card?
- The New York Times: The Voices in My Head Say 'Buy It!' Why Argue?
- Dagher, Elaine. "Shopping Centers in the Brain." Neuron, Vol 53, 7-8, 04 January 2007. http://www.neuron.org/content/article/abstract? uid=PIIS0896627306009998
- Harding, Anne. "Brain scans predict shoppers' purchasing choices." Reuters Health. Jan. 10, 2007. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070110/hl_nm/brain_scans_dc
- Kuhnen, Camelia M., et al. "The Neural Basis of Financial Risk Taking." Neuron, Vol 47, 763-770, 01 September 2005.
- Knutson, Brian, et al. "Neural Predictors of Purchases." Neuron, Vol 53, 147-156, 04 January 2007. http://www.neuron.org/content/article/abstract ?uid=PIIS0896627306009044
- Tierney, John. "The Voices in My Head Say 'Buy It!' Why Argue?" The New York Times. Jan. 16, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/16/science/16tier.html? _r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin