Giant viruses sound like something from a scifi flick. But they're real and not as scary as you think. Learn all about giant viruses at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Borzelleca, Joseph F. "Paracelsus: Herald of Modern Toxicology." Toxicological Sciences. 2000. (March 5, 2010)http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/53/1/2
- "Chronic/Noninfectious Disease." Minnesota Department of Health: Strategies for Public Health. 2002. (March 5, 2010)http://www.health.state.mn.us/strategies/chronic.pdf
- "Infectious Disease: Evolving Challenges to Human Health." Koshland Science Museum of the National Academy of Sciences. (March 5, 2010 http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/exhib_infectious/
- "Infectious Diseases." World Health Organization. (March 5, 2010)http://www.who.int/topics/infectious_diseases/en/
- Infectious Diseases Society of America. (March 5, 2010)http://www.idsociety.org/