Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- What's so special about a dinosaur named Leonardo?
- Was Tyrannosaurus rex a predator or a scavenger?
- How do scientists know what's inside dinosaur eggs?
- Can scientists clone dinosaurs?
- How do scientists determine the age of dinosaur bones?
- How Fossils Work
- How Extinction Works
- The Emergence of Primates
More Great Links
- Arango, Tim. "Seeking a Missing Link, and a Mass Audience." The New York Times. 5/18/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/business/media/19fossil.html?_r=1&hp
- Beard, Chris. "Why Ida fossil is not the missing link." New Scientist. 5/21/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17173-why-ida-fossil-is-not-the-missing-link.html
- Britt, Robert Roy. "'Ida Fossil Hype Went Too Far." The Water Cooler. LiveScience. 5/20/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.livescience.com/culture/090520-ida-fossil-hype.html
- Derbyshire, David. "Scientists find the 'missing link': A 47 million-year-old lemur that could revolutionise how we see human evolution." Mail Online. 5/21/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1184556/The-missing-link-A-47million-year-old-lemur-revolutionise-human-evolution.html
- Devlin, Hannah. "Jorn Hurum: I paid $750,000 for the Ida fossil and have no regrets." Times Online. 5/28/2009 (5/28/2009) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article6375317.ece
- Franzen, Jens L. et al. "Complete Primate Skeleton from the Middle Eocene of Messel in Germany: Morphology and Paleobiology." PLoS One. Published 5/19/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0005723
- Henderson, Mark. "Analysis: there are many missing links.' Times Online. 5/20/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article6321351.ece
- History Channel. "The Link." (5/28/2009) http://www.history.com/content/the-link
- Laursen, Lucas. "Missing link, evidence thereof - May 18, 2009." The Great Beyond. Nature. 5/18/2009. (5/28/2009) http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2009/05/missing_link_evidence_thereof_1.html
- Lemonick, Michael D. "Ida: Humankind's Earliest Ancestor! (Not Really)." Time. 5/21/2009. (5/28/2009) http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1900057,00.html
- Moskowitz, Clara. "Amid Media Circus, Scientists Doubt 'Ida' Is Your Ancestor." LiveScience. 5/20/2009 (5/28/2009) http://www.livescience.com/animals/090520-fossil-reactions.html
- Naik, Gautam. "Fossil Discovery is Heralded." Wall Street Journal. 5/15/2009. (5/28/2009) http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124235632936122739.html
- Potter, Ned. "'Missing Link' found? No, but Fossil Key to Evolution." ABC News. 5/19/2009. (5/28/2009) http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=7622711
- Switek, Brian. "Poor, poor Ida, Or: "Overselling an Adapid." Laelaps. 5/19/2009 (5/28/2009) http://scienceblogs.com/laelaps/2009/05/poor_poor_ida_or_overselling_a.php
- Timmer, John. "The 'Ida' Fossil: on Missing Links and Media Circuses." Ars Technica. 5/25/2009. (5/28/2009) http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2009/05/missing-links-and-media-circuses.ars
- Zimmer, Carl. "Darwinius: It delivers a pizza, and it lengthens, and it strengthens, and it finds that slipper that's been at large under the chaise lounge for several weeks ..." The Loom. Discover. 5/29/2009 (5/28/2009) http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2009/05/19/darwinius-it-delivers-a-pizza-and-it-lengthens-and-it-strengthens-and-it-finds-that-slipper-thats-been-at-large-under-the-chaise-lounge-for-several-weeks/