Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Evolution Works
- How Natural Selection Works
- How Animal Migration Works
- How Human Migration Works
- How Animal Camouflage Works
- How Bioluminescence Works
- How Population Works
- How DNA Works
- How Sex Works
- Are chimpanzees evolving in the wild?
- What happens when animals evolve in isolation?
More Great Links
- Bäckhed, Fredrik, Manchester, Jill K., Semenkovich, Clay F. and Gordon, Jeffrey I. "Mechanisms underlying the resistance to diet-induced obesity in germ-free mice." Proceeedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Jan. 16, 2007. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=17210919
- Margulis, Lynn. Symbiotic Planet : A New Look at Evolution. Basic Books, March 2000.
- Perry, Nicolette. Symbiosis: Nature in Partnership. Blandford, April 1990.
- University of Glasgow. "The Normal Gut Flora." http://web.archive.org/web/20040526195616/http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/humannutrition/students/resources/meden/Infection.pdf
- Wakeford, Tom. Liaisons of Life: From Hornworts to Hippos--How the Unassuming Microbe has Driven Evolution. Wiley; New Ed edition (March 29, 2002).
- Young, Allen M. Lives Intertwined: Relationships Between Plants and Animals. Franklin Watts (October 1996).