We love stories of twins who can sense each other's pain or know what the other is thinking. But can twins really sense each other? Find out.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Stem Cells Work
- How Cloning Works
- What's the Missyplicity Project?
- How Cells Work
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- How can two children from the same parents look so different?
- How can there be seedless grapes? How can they reproduce?
- What are genetically modified (GM) foods?
- Can scientists clone dinosaurs?
- Can you steal a few hairs from a racehorse and clone your own?
More Great Links
- "Cloning Fact Sheet." Human Genome Project Information. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/cloning.shtml
- "Current U.S. Waiting List -- Overall by Organ." The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Updated Aug. 29, 2008. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.optn.org/latestData/rptData.asp
- "Heart Derived Stem Cells Develop Into Heart Muscle." University Medical Center Utrecht. ScienceDaily. April 23, 2008. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080423101822.htm
- "Human Skin Cells Reprogrammed Into Embryonic Stem Cells." University of California - Los Angeles. ScienceDaily. February 12, 2008. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2008/02/080211172631.htm
- "Research progress: Pig cloning for organs." CNN. Jan. 3, 2002. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/01/03/pig.cloning/index.html
- Singer, Emily. "Human-Animal Cybrids." Oct. 5, 2007. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.technologyreview.com/Biotech/19485/page1/
- Singer, Emily. "Human Therapeutic Cloning at a Standstill." Oct. 9, 2007. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.technologyreview.com/Biotech/19488/?a=f
- "Therapeutic Cloning Treats Parkinson's Disease In Mice." Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. ScienceDaily. March 24, 2008. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080323210229.htm
- "Transplants by Donor Type." The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Updated Sept. 5, 2008. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://www.optn.org/latestData/rptData.asp
- "Understanding Stem Cells." The National Academies. (Sept. 8, 2008)http://dels.nas.edu/dels/rpt_briefs/Understanding_Stem_Cells.pdf