Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How DNA Profiling Works
- How DNA Works
- How Gene Pools Work
- What have we learned from the Human Genome Project?
- What is the Human Epigenome Project?
- How Cells Work
- How Gene Banks Work
- How Crime Scene Investigation Works
- How the FBI Works
- What can your spit tell you about your DNA?
More Great Links
- DNA in the Courtroom
- DNA Forensics
- About Forensic DNA
- National Commission on the Future of DNA Evidence
- Evolution of DNA Evidence for Crime Solving - A Judicial and Legislative History
- Colimore, Edward. "Museum puts off DNA testing of Lincoln artifact for now." The Philadelphia Enquirer. May 5, 2009 (Aug. 20, 2009)http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_page/20090505_Museum_puts_off_DNA_testing_of_Lincoln_artifact_for_now.html
- Environmental News Network. "DNA technology busts wildlife poachers." CNN.com. May 29, 2000. (Aug. 20, 2009) http://archives.cnn.com/2000/NATURE/05/29/dna.poaching.enn/index.html
- Fink, Sheri. "Reasonable Doubt." Discover Magazine. July 29, 2006. (Aug. 20, 2009)http://discovermagazine.com/2006/jul/reasonable-doubt
- Houck, Max M. "CSI: Reality." Scientific American. July 2006.
- National Institute of Justice. "The Future of Forensic DNA Testing." November 2000.www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183697.pdf
- National Institute of Justice. "Using DNA to Solve Cold Cases." July 2002.www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/194197.pdf
- Pollack, Andrew. "DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show." New York
- Times. Aug. 17, 2009. (Aug. 20, 2009)http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/18/science/18dna.html?_r=4
- United Press International. "Plan for DNA database moves forward." April 19, 2008. (Aug. 20, 2009)http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/04/19/Plan-for-DNA-database-moves-forward/UPI-62151208628916/