Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Designer Children Work
- Can a sewing machine stitch together DNA?
- How Gene Banks Work
- Could we clone our own organs to be used in a transplant?
- Is the human brain still evolving?
More Great Links
- Human Genome Project Information
- Five science fiction movies that get science right
- Learn.Genetics - University of Utah
- Darnovsky, Marcy. "We're One Step Closer to Creating Genetically Enhanced Humans." AlterNet. Oct. 19, 2007. (Oct. 8, 2010) http://www.alternet.org/health/65678?page=1
- Graham, Charles and Jonathan Plucker. "Human Intelligence: The Flynn Effect." Indiana University. July 24, 2008. (Oct. 8, 2010) http://www.indiana.edu/~intell/flynneffect.shtml
- Hanna, Kathi E. "Genetic Enhancement." National Institutes of Health. April 2006. (Oct. 8, 2010) http://www.genome.gov/10004767
- Newsweek. "A Cure That May Cost Us Ourselves." Jan. 1, 2000. (Oct. 8, 2010) http://www.newsweek.com/1999/12/31/a-cure-that-may-cost-us-ourselves.html
- Shimbo, Tonda. "Genetic Engineering as the End of Human Evolution?" Bryn Mawr College. Jan. 17, 2008. (Oct. 8, 2010) http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1911
- University of Illinois. "Without Miracles: Brain Evolution and Development: The Selection of Neurons and Synapsis." (Oct. 8, 2010) http://faculty.ed.uiuc.edu/g-cziko/wm/05.html
- Wade, Nicholas. "Researchers Say Human Brain Is Still Evolving." New York Times. Sept. 8, 2005. (Oct. 8, 2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/science/08cnd-brain.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2