Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How does your body know the difference between dominant and recessive genes?
- How can children from the same parents look so different?
- How Gene Pools Work
- Could gene therapy cure baldness?
- How Hair Replacement Works
- How quickly does hair grow?
- Why does the hair on your arms stay short, while the hair on your head can grow very long?
- What is a gene, and what is genetic engineering?
- How DNA Works
More Great Links
- Extinction of Blondes Vastly Overreported
- Ask a Geneticist
- ABC News: Carrot-Tops: Being Red Not So Easy
- "Blondes 'to die out in 200 years.'" BBC News. Sept. 27, 2002. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2284783.stm
- "Extinction of Blondes Vastly Overreported." The Washington Post. Oct. 2, 2002. http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A30318-2002Oct1?language=printer
- "Gingers extinct in 100 years, say scientists." The Courier Mail. News.com.au. Aug. 23, 2007. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22289183-2,00.html
- "Red Alert." National Geographic. September 2007. Page 14.
- Flanigan, Robin L. "Will rare redheads be extinct by 2100?" Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. The Seattle Times. May 9, 2005. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2002266852_redhair09.html
- Kittel, Nicholas. "Redheads not disappearing: Assoc. Prof." ABC Canberra. Jan. 15, 2007. http://www.abc.net.au/canberra/stories/s1827248.htm
- Mikkelson, Barbara and Mikkelson, David P. "Blonde Extinction." Snopes. March 8, 2006. http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/blondes.asp
- Miller, Larry. "Britain's Persecuted Redheads." CBS News. July 14, 2007. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/13/london/main3055185.shtml
- Starr, Barry. "Ask a Geneticist." http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=173