Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Survival Quiz
- How Your Brain Works
- How Stress Works
- How can adrenaline help you lift a 3,500 pound car?
- How to Start a Fire Without a Match.
- How to Find Water
- How to Build a Shelter
- How to Survive the Freezing Cold
- How to Find True North
More Great Links
- Cooper, Donald. "Fundamentals of Search and Rescue." 2005. Jones & Bartlett Publishers. (April 10, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=JWNcKsY6DfMC
- Fredrickson, Barbara L. "The Value of Positive Emotions." 2003. American Scientist. (April 10, 2008)http://www.unc.edu/peplab/publications/value.pdf
- Hill, Kenneth. "The Psychology of Lost." Lost Person Behavior. 1998. St. Mary's University. (April 9, 2008)http://husky1.stmarys.ca/~khill/PsychologyofLost.pdf
- Lundin, Cody. "98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive." 2003. Gibbs Smith. (April 10, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=nrQxBfJLvtgC&dq=98.6+degrees
- Mayo Clinic. "Stress: Unhealthy response to the pressures of life." Sept. 12, 2006. (April 10, 2008)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stress/SR00001
- McNab, Chris. "The SAS Mental Endurance Handbook." Globe Pequot. 2002. (April 9, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=BQmm2L6rb1wC
- Snyder, C.R. and Lopez, Shane J. "Handbook of Positive Psychology." 2002. Oxford University Press US. (April 10, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=2Cr5rP8jOnsC
- Stilwell, Alexander. "The Encyclopedia of Survival Techniques." 2000. The Lyons Press.