Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How will landing on Mars work?
- Is there really water on Mars?
- How the Mars Exploration Rovers Work
- How the Mars Curiosity Rover Works
- How Mars Odyssey Works
- What if I went to Mars for a year to study the planet, how much food and water would I have to take with me to survive?
- How Terraforming Mars Will Work
- Mars Explained
- Mars Image Gallery
- Top 10 Space Conspiracy Theories
- NASA's 10 Greatest Achievements
- How Hubble Space Telescope Works
- How Snakebots Will Work
- How Fusion Propulsion Will Work
More Great Links
- NASA: Mars Exploration
- The Mars Society
- NASA's Haughton-Mars Project
- Caltech Mars Surface Research
- Mars Pathfinder: Science Results Directory
- Chaisson, Eric and Steve McMillan. "Astronomy Today." Third edition. Prentice Hall. 1999.
- Heinrich, Allison M. "Researchers at Penn State 'Awaken' Dormant Bacteria." Tribune-Review/Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. June 5, 2008. (June 17, 2008) http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1417517/researchers_at_penn_state_awaken_ dormant_bacteria/
- Marks, Paul. "Inflatable robots could explore Mars." NewScientist.com. May 30, 2008. (June 9, 2008) http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn14028-inflatable-robots-could-explore- mars.html?feedId=online-news_rss20
- "Mars." Encyclopaedia Britannica. 2008. (June 9, 2008) http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-54235
- "Mars Rovers Sharpen Questions About Livable Conditions." Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Feb. 15, 2008. (June 9, 2008) http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/20080215a.html
- "Mars." World Book at NASA. (June 5, 2008) http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/mars_worldbook_prt.htm
- NASA. "Mars Extreme Planet: Earth/Mars Comparison." 2006. (June 18, 2008) http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/facts/
- NASA. "Phoenix Landing: Mission to the Martian Polar North." May 2008. http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/press_kits/phoenix-landing.pdf
- Skinner, Brian J. and Stephen C. Porter. "The Dynamic Earth." Second edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1992.
- Society for General Microbiology. "Where Man Boldly Goes, Bacteria Follow."May 30, 2008. (June 18, 2008) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080528191418.htm ScienceDaily.