Monomers are small molecules that are the foundation for much bigger things. Learn more about monomers at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Ashcroft, Alison E. "An Introduction to Mass Spectrometry." Astbury Centre for Structural Microbiology. (March 3, 2009) http://www.astbury.leeds.ac.uk/facil/MStut/mstutorial.htm
- Barrett, Sam. "New Tech to Track Aerosols." Popular Science. July 31, 2008. (March 3, 2009) http://www.popsci.com/environment/article/2008-07/new-tech-track-aerosols
- Chace, Donald H. and O. David Sparkman. "What is Mass Spectrometry?" American Society of Mass Spectrometry. (March 3, 2009) www.asms.org/portals/0/WhatIsMSPoster.pdf
- Chiu, Chia M. and David C. Muddiman. "What is Mass Spectrometry?" American Society of Mass Spectrometry. (March 3, 2009) http://www.asms.org/whatisms/index.html
- Clark, Jim. "The Mass Spectrometer: How It Works. ChemGuide." (March 3, 2009) http://www.chemguide.co.uk/analysis/masspec/howitworks.html
- Dickson, T.R. Introduction to Chemistry, 7th Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1995.
- Genesis Search for Origins. "Mass Spectrometry: A Closer Look." (March 3, 2009) http://genesismission.jpl.nasa.gov/science/mod3_SunlightSolarHeat /MassSpectrometry/index.html
- Genesis Search for Origins. "The Mathematics of Mass Spectrometry: An Even Closer Look." (March 3, 2009) http://genesismission.jpl.nasa.gov/science/mod3_SunlightSolarHeat /MassSpectrometry/MathMassSpec/index.html
- Leary, Julie A. "Mass Spectrometry." World Book Multimedia Encyclopedia. 2004.
- Mone, Gregory. "New, Faster Test for Steroids." Popular Science. October 15, 2007. (March 3, 2009) https://www.popsci.com/article/2007-10/new-faster-test-steroids
- Squires, Gordon. "Francis Aston and the mass spectrograph." Journal Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions. July 28, 1998.