Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Have we reached peak oil?
- Grassoline: Can we fuel cars with grass?
- Could salt water fuel cars?
- How Biodiesel Works
- How Solar Cells Work
- How Wind Power Works
More Great Links
- Kleiner, Kurt. "Underwater turbines set to generate record power." New Scientist. August 21, 2007. http://technology.newscientist.com/article/dn12519-underwater-turbines-set-to-generate-record-power.html
- Roach, John. "Underwater windmill helps power Arctic village." National Geographic. October 9, 2003. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/10/1009_031009_moonpower.html
- Sofge, Erik. "Underwater wind turbines tap river energy." Popular Mechanics. April 2007. http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/earth/4213223.html
- "Environmental monitoring: Overview." Verdant Power. 2007. http://verdantpower.com/what-environmonitor
- "Ocean in motion: Tides - characteristics." Office of Naval Research. http://www.onr.navy.mil/Focus/ocean/motion/tides1.htm
- "Pilot project." Florida Atlantic University Center of Excellence in Ocean Energy Technology. 20007. http://coet.fau.edu/?p=pilot
- "Tidal stream resource and technology summary report." Carbon Trust. July 2005. http://www.carbontrust.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/19E09EBC-5A44-4032-80BB-C6AFDAD4DC73/0/TidalStreamResourceandTechnologySummaryReport.pdf
- "Tidal streams and tidal stream energy device design." Carbon Trust. 2008. http://www.carbontrust.co.uk/technology/technologyaccelerator/ME_guide3.htm
- "World." CIA World Fact Book. March 20, 2008. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/xx.html