Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Are there more floods now than there used to be?
- Could Noah's ark really have happened?
- How could it rain for 45 days straight?
- How Creationism Works
- How the Doomsday Ark Works
- How do they measure "sea level"?
- How Floods Work
More Great Links
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- "Ancient Flood Legends." BibleFacts.org. 2004. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/blacksea/
- Carney, Scott. "Did a Comet Cause the Great Flood?" DISCOVER Magazine. 2007. http://discovermagazine.com/2007/nov/did-a-comet-cause-the-great-flood
- Krause, Lisa. "Ballard Finds Traces of Ancient Habitation Beneath Black Sea." National Geographic. 2000. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2000/12/122800blacksea.html
- Lyons, Eric. "Legends of the Flood." Apologetics Press. 2003. http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/40
- "Natural Hazards." Earth Observatory. NASA. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php3?topic=flood
- "Noah's Ark - The Real Story." BBC Active. 2004. http://www.bbcactivevideoforlearning.com/1/TitleDetails.aspx?TitleID=315
- "The Past 10,000 Years: Glacial Retreat, Agriculture and Civilization." Climate History: Exploring Climate Events and Human Development. NOAA Satellite and Information Service. 2005. http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/ctl/clihis10k.html
- "Two billion vulnerable to floods by 2050; number expected to double or more in two generations." United Nations University. 2004. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-06/unu-tbv060404.php
- "UN Warn Us: Global Flood Threat is Rising." United Nations University. http://www.primidi.com/2004/06/15.html
- "Undersea explorer finds new evidence of great flood." CNN. 2000. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/NATURE/09/13/great.flood.finds.ap/
- Wilford, John Noble. "Plumbing Black Sea for Proof of the Deluge." The New York Times. 1999. http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/science/010599sci-black-sea-flood.html