We think of robots as modern inventions, but some go way back in history. View 10 historical robots to learn more.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Breazeal, Cynthia. "Cynthia Breazeal." MIT. (March 16, 2010)http://web.media.mit.edu/~cynthiab/index.html
- MIT Media Lab. "Personal Robots Group." (March 16, 2010) http://robotic.media.mit.edu/index.html
- The Boston Retinal Implant Project. (March 16, 2010)http://www.bostonretinalimplant.org/index.php
- Torrance, Steve. "How should we treat them? Remarks on the Ethics of Artificial Consciousness Research." Universities of Sussex and Middlesex UK. September 2003. (March 16, 2010).http://www.machineconsciousness.org/papers/How%20Should%20We%20Treat%20Them.pdf
- Torrance, Steve. "The Ethical Status of Artificial Agents - With and Without Consciousness." Universities of Sussex and Middlesex UK. October 2006. (March 16, 2010) http://ethicbots.na.infn.it/meetings/firstworkshop/abstracts/torrance.htm