Like HowStuffWorks on Facebook!
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Burks, Eddie and Gillan Cribbs. "Ghosthunter: Investigating the World of Ghosts and Spirits." Headline Book Publishing. 1995.
- Frood, Arran. "Ghosts 'All in the Mind.'" BBC News, May 21, 2003. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3044607.stm
- Ghost Research Foundation http://www.ghostsrus.com/
- Hainning, Peter. "Ghosts: The Illustrated History." Chartwell Books. 1974.
- Handwerk, Brian. "Creepy 'Shadow Person' Effect Conjured by Brain Shocks." National Geographic News. September 20, 2006. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060920-shadow-person.html
- Lyons, Linda. "One-third of Americans Believe Dearly May Not Have Departed." The Gallup Poll News Service, July 12, 2005.
- McCue, Peter A. "Theories of Haunting: A Critical Overview." Journal of the Society for Psychical Research. January 2002.
- Nickel, Joe. "In Search of Fischer's Ghost." Skeptical Inquirer Magazine, May/June 2001. http://www.csicop.org/si/2001-05/i-files.html
- Nickell, Joe. "Ghostly Photos." Skeptical Inquirer Magazine, July/August 1997. http://www.csicop.org/si/9607/ghost.html
- Nickell, Joe. "Haunted Inns: Tales of Spectral Guests." Skeptical Inquirer Magazine, September/October 2000. http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-09/i-files.html
- Radford, Benjamin. "The Voice of Reason: Giving Up the Ghosts." LiveScience, December 10, 2004. http://www.livescience.com/othernews/reason_exorcism_041210.html
- Roberts, Nancy. "Ghosts from the Coast." University of North Carolina Press, 2001.
- Rothschild, Bertram. "The Ghost in My House: An Exercise in Self-Deception." Skeptical Inquirer Magazine, January/February 2000. http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-01/ghost.html
- Shermer, Michael. "Demon-Haunted Brain." Scientific American, March 2003. http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=00079AC8-53A5-1E40-89E0809EC588EEDF&sc=I100322
- Tandy, Vic. "Something in the Cellar." Journal of the Society for Psychical Research. Vol 74.3, No. 860.
- Tandy, Vic. "The Ghost in the Machine." Journal of the Society for Psychical Research. Vol. 62, No. 851.
- "Mysteries of the Unknown: Phantom Encounters." Time-Life Books, 1988.
- "Scientist Spooked by Ghost Study." BBC, May 19, 2005. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4564383.stm
- Wiseman, Richard, et. Al. "An Investigation into Alleged 'Hauntings.'" British Journal of Psychology, 2003.