Many people think Marie Antoinette's hair turned white overnight. Find out if this could really happen at HowStuffWorks.
- Byrd, Randolph C., MD. "Positive therapeutic effects of intercessory prayer in a coronary care unit population." Southern Medical Journal. July 1988. http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/smj.pdf
- Grossman, Cathy Lynn. "Poll: 83% say God answers prayer, 57% favor national prayer day." USA Today. May 4, 2010. http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-05-05-prayer05_ST_N.htm
- Long, Jeffrey. "Near-death experiences: 'A light came into view'." Today Books. January 19, 2010. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34939388/ns/today-today_books/
- Rasmussen Reports. "60% support government-recognized national day of prayer." April 23, 2010. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/april_2010/60_support_government_recognized_national_day_of_prayer
- Salmon, Jaqueline L. "Most Americans believe in higher power, poll finds." Washington Post. June 24, 2008. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/23/ST2008062300818.html
- van Lommel, Pim, et al. "Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest: a prospective study in the Netherlands." The Lancet. December 15, 2001. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2801%2907100-8/abstract