Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Olympic Timing Works
- How the First Olympics Worked
- How Olympic Torches Work
- Olympics Quiz
- What is China doing to create a green Olympics?
- Have thousands of children in China been named Olympics?
- Are lefties better at sports?
- How can you tell if athletes alter their genes?
- How Gene Doping Works
- How do wind tunnels help stock car drivers?
- How Stock Car Aerodynamics Work
More Great Links
- Record Breakers in Beijing
- Indiana University Study Assessing the Impact of the Newest Generation of Swim Suits on Competitive Swimming
- Natural History Museum: Why Fish Swim Fast
- Encyclopedia Britannica. "Physical Culture." 2009. Encyclopedia Britannica Online. (1/29/2009)http://www.search.eb.com/eb/article-249307
- Encyclopedia Britannica. "Swimsuit." 2009. Encyclopedia Britannica Online. (1/29/2009) http://www.search.eb.com/eb/article-9070656
- Kipp, Jeremy. Personal interview. Conducted 1/29/2009.
- Klein, Jeff Z. "The Phelps-Cavic Photo Finish." The New York Times. Aug. 16, 2008. (2/10/2009)http://olympics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/16/the-phelps-cavic-photo-finish/
- Longman, Jere. "Olympics; Swimmers Finding Comfort In a Different Kind of Skin." The New York Times. Aug. 9, 2000. (2/4/2009)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9800E3D61E3CF93AA3575BC0A9669C8B63&sec=&spon=&&scp=2&sq=Aquablade&st=cse
- Rance, Jason. Personal interview. Conducted 2/6/2009.
- Robert, M.B. "Spitz Lived Up to Enormous Expctations." ESPN.Com. 2007. (2/10/2009)http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/spitz_mark.html
- Stager, Joel et al. "Using Predictive Modeling of Recent Swim Performances and Swim Records to Assess the Impact of the Newest Generation of Swim Suits." 2008. (2/4/2009) http://18.104.22.168/SPIPDF/120908SwimperformancesIU2008C.pdf
- Walsh, G.P. "Annette Marie Sarah Kellerman." Australian Dictionary of Biography. 1983. (2/10/2009)http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A090547b.htm
- Wilkinson, Stephen. Personal interview. Conducted 1/29/2009.