Nearly a quarter of the Air Force pilots trained and authorized to fly drones quit their jobs each year. Find out why drone pilots are leaving the military.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Terrorism Works
- How IEDs Work
- How Bioterrorism Works
- What is the bioterrorism act?
- How Eco-Terrorism Works
- How easy is it to steal a nuclear bomb?
- How Nuclear Detectives Work
- Top 10 Game-changing Military Technologies
- What was America's first terrorist threat?
- How The French Revolution Worked
- How to Land on the Government Watch List
- How the Patriot Act Works
- How Airport Security Works
- How Conspiracy Theories Work
- How Hostage Negotiation Works
- Do I have a terrorist score on file with Homeland Security?
- How do liquid explosive work, and what would terrorists do with them on a plane?
More Great Links
- Chabot, Hillary. "Terror alerts misused, Sen. John Kerry says." Boston Herald. July 15, 2008. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1107110&srvc=next_article
- "Dean again says politics behind terror alerts." CNN.com. Aug. 5, 2004. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/04/cheney.dean/index.html
- "Gov. Ridge Announces Homeland Security Advisory System." White House Office of the Press Secretary. March 12, 2002. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/print/20020312-1.html
- "Homeland Security Advisory System." U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Jan. 20, 2009. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/programs/Copy_of_press_release_0046.shtm
- Miller, Sara B. "Terror-alert system: how it's working." Christian Science Monitor. Aug. 4, 2004. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0804/p01s02-usgn.html
- "More specific terror alert to come into effect tomorrow." AAP General News Wire. Sept. 30, 2008.
- "Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff Announcing a Change to the Nation's Threat Level for the Aviation Sector." U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Aug. 10, 2006. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1158349923199.shtm
- "Threat Levels: The System to Assess the Threat from International Terrorism." U.K. Intelligence Community Online. July 4, 2007. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://www.intelligence.gov.uk/threat_levels.aspx
- "University of North Texas Professor Comments on Anniversary of Color-Coded Federal Terror Alert System." University of North texas News Service. March 12, 2007. (Jan. 20, 2009)http://web3.unt.edu/news/story.cfm?story=10306