Lots More Information
Are there other ways for humans to get into space without rockets? HowStuffWorks looks at some ideas.
Author's Note: 10 Crazy Evil Spacecraft
I apologize in advance for leaving off your favorite evil spaceships. I even had to leave a few of my own choices off the list. The returning Nazi space capsule in "Hellboy: Conqueror Worm" has always been a favorite of mine, as has the Discovery One from "2001: A Space Odyssey" and the savage Reaver ships from "Firefly." But hey, there's no denying a place on the list to such cosmic bad boys as the Vogons and the Borg. Resistance, as they say, is futile.
- Adams, Douglas. "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Pan Books. 1979.
- Bakker, Scott. "The Thousandfold Thought." Overlook Hardcover. Feb. 2, 2006.
- "Battlestar Galactica." 2003. SyFy
- "Borg." StarTrek.com. 2010. (March 1, 2012)
- "The Claws of Axos." Doctor Who: The Classic Series. BBC. 2003. (March 1, 2012) http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/clawsofaxos/detail.shtml
- "Event Horizon." Paramount Pictures. 1997.
- Games Workshop. 2012 (Feb. 22, 2012) http://www.games-workshop.com
- "Invader Zim." Nickelodeon. 2002.
- "Krull." Columbia Pictures. 1983.
- "Lifeforce." Tri-Star Pictures. 1985.