Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How DNA Works
- How DNA Evidence Works
- How the Future Crime Database Will Work
- How Blood Works
- How Fingerprinting Works
- How Biometrics Works
- How the FBI Works
- How the CIA Works
- How the ACLU Works
- Is the U.S. government building a Gattaca-level DNA database?
More Great Links
- Can DNA Demand a Verdict?
- Create a DNA Fingerprint
- DNA Fingerprinting Sparks Fresh Worries
- The Innocence Project
- Baden, Michael. "DNA Profiling."
http://www.kathyreichs.com/dnaprofiles.htm (July 23, 2008.)
- Baetke, James. "Ramsey breakthrough comes via 'touch DNA'." The Daily Camera, July 9, 2008.
- Billings, P.R., editor. "DNA on Trial: Genetic Identification and Criminal Justice." Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 1992.
- Brinton, Kate and Kim-An Lieberman. "Basics of DNA Fingerprinting." Biology Department, University of Washington, May 1994.
- "Comparison of State Post-conviction DNA Laws." National Conference of State Legislatures, 2008.
- Evans, Colin. "The Casebook of Forensic Detection." Penguin Books Ltd, 2007.
- Groleau, Rick. "Create a DNA Fingerprint." NOVA Online, November 2000.
- Innocence Project.
- Kirby, Lorne T. "DNA Fingerprinting: An Introduction." W.H. Freeman and Company, 1992.
- Lawless, Jill. "DNA fingerprinting sparks fresh worries." MSNBC, September 8, 2002.
- Lee, Henry C. and Frank Tirnady. "Blood Evidence: How DNA is Revolutionizing the Way We Solve Crimes." Perseus Publishing, 2003.
- Manning, Lona. "Rapist, M.D." Crime Magazine, February 6, 2004.
- Walsh, Nick Patton. "False result fear over DNA tests." The Observer, January 27, 2002.
- "What is 'touch' DNA?" CNN.com/Crime, 2008.