Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Did climate change create a mysterious civilization 5,000 years ago?
- Has the Earth reached its carrying capacity?
- How much power does the world consume?
- Is global warming irreversible?
- What are climate refugees?
- What are green-collar jobs?
- What is grass banking?
- Will there be farms in New York City's skyscrapers?
- Will alternative fuels deplete global corn supplies?
- What's a food desert?
More Great Links
- Borger, Julian. "Feed the world? We are fighting a losing battle, UN admits." The Guardian. Feb. 26, 2008. (6/7/2010) http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/feb/26/food.unitednations
- FOA Web site. (6/7/2010) http://www.fao.org/
- Ho, Mae-Wan. "The Food Bubble Economy." Institute of Science in Society. Oct. 1, 2005. (6/7/2010) http://www.i-sis.org.uk/TFBE.php
- McDonald, Joe. "Surging costs hit food security in poorer nations." Associated Press. June 7, 2010. (6/7/2010) http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g-PV1iJxWc4KqE-gLaWEOIMQs-RQD9G5RK9O0
- Randerson, James. "Food crisis will take hold before climate change, warns chief scientist." The Guardian. March 7, 2008. (6/7/2010) http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/mar/07/scienceofclimatechange.food
- "Riots, instability spread as food prices skyrocket." CNN. April 14, 2008. (6/7/2010) http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/04/14/world.food.crisis/
- The Food Chain Web site. New York Times. (6/7/2010) http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/news/business/series/the_food_chain/index.html
- World Food Programme Web site. (6/7/2010) http://www.wfp.org/
- World Health Organization Web site. (6/7/2010) http://www.who.int/en/