Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Sand Dunes Work
- How Desert Survival Works
- How Quicksand Works
- The Sahara Desert
- How Mirages Work
- How the Grand Canyon Works
- What are oil sands?
- Is the dead sea really dead?
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
- How Barrier Islands Work
- How Landslides Work
- How Avalanches Work
- Why don't we live underground?
- How Cave Dwellers Work
- How Snowboarding Works
More Great Links
- Armstrong, Wayne P. "The Life & Love of Sand Dunes." Desert USA. 2008. (Oct. 15, 2008) http://www.desertusa.com/magjan98/dunes/jan_dune1.html
- "How do sand dunes move?" White Sands National Monument. Dec. 22, 2004. (Oct. 27, 2008) http://www.nps.gov/archive/whsa/dunes.htm
- Inman, Mason. "The Secret of the Booming Dunes." Seed Magazine. July 26, 2006. (Nov. 3, 2008) http://seedmagazine.com/news/2006/07/the_secret_of_the_booming_dune.php
- O'Connor, Anahad. "When Sand Dunes Collide, Sometimes They Mate and Multiply." NY Times. Dec. 23, 2003. (Oct. 15, 2008) http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B06E2DB103FF930A15751C1A9659C8B63
- "Recipe for noisy sands." NOVA: Science Now. January 2005. (Oct. 27, 2008) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/3204/04-recipe.html
- Schirber, Michael. "Singing Sand Dunes: The Mystery of Desert Music." Live Science. Jan. 11, 2005. (Nov. 3, 2008) http://www.livescience.com/environment/050111_singing_dunes.html
- "What is sand made of?" SEED Science Center. 2008. (Oct. 15, 2008) http://www.seed.slb.com/qa2/FAQView.cfm?ID=896