In what new ways can bacteria help shrink our landfills?
By: Julia Layton
Lots More Information
More Great Links
- Ayres, Chris. "Scientists find bugs that eat waste and excrete petrol." Times Online. June 14, 2008.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article4133668.ece
- Barras, Collin. "Plastic-Munching Bugs Turn Waste Bottles Into Cash." ABC News. Sept. 21, 2008.http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/SmartHome/story?id=5844268&page=1
- Chino, Mike. "Scientific breakthrough decomposes plastic bags in 3 months!" Inhabit. May 28, 2008.http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/05/28/breakthrough-decomposes-plastic-bags-in-three-months/
- Kawawada, Karen. "WCI student isolates microbe that lunches on plastic bags." The Record. May 22, 2008.http://news.therecord.com/article/354201
- Major Advance In Biofuel Technology: Trash Today, Ethanol Tomorrow. Science Daily. March 11, 2008.http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080310164901.htm
- Navarro, Xavier. "Ecofasa turns waste to biodiesel using bacteria." Autoblog Green. Oct. 18, 2008.
- Satyanarayana, Ashwin. "Turning Garbage into Energy with the Help of Bacteria." Bright Hub. Nov. 2, 2009.http://www.brighthub.com/environment/renewable-energy/articles/11255.aspx
- Talking Trash: Beijing. New Energy and Environment Digest. March 22, 2009.http://needigest.com/2009/03/22/talking-trash-beijing/
- United States Recycling Statistics. GreenLiving.http://greenliving.lovetoknow.com/United_States_Recycling_Statistics
Please copy/paste the following text to properly cite this HowStuffWorks.com article:
Explore More HowStuffWorks: