Lots More Information
- Can we ever replace plastic?
- What is corn plastic?
- How can a plastic bag be green?
- How Plastics Work
- Why is the world's biggest landfill in the Pacific Ocean?
- Is your vinyl siding killing you?
- I am wondering what the little recycling symbols that you see on some plastic items mean. How many different symbols are there?
- How Recycling Works
- How Landfills Work
- How Oil Drilling Works
- How Oil Refining Works
More Great Links
- Alton, Nancy Schatz. "Packaged goods: How to store your food." Culinate. May 12, 2008. (June 19, 2008)http://www.culinate.com/articles/features/food_storage
- Austen, Ian. "Canada Likely to Label Plastic Ingredient 'Toxic'." The New York Times. April 16, 2008. (June 19, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/business/worldbusiness/16plastic.html?ex=1 366084800&en=53573911c457746a&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=per malink
- Bryson, George. "Canada declares chemical in plastic water bottles toxic." Anchorage Daily News. April 22, 2008. (June 19, 2008). http://www.adn.com/life/story/382877.html
- Casey, Susan. "Our oceans are turning into plastic…are we?" BestLife. Oct. 25, 2007. (June 19, 2008) http://www.bestlifeonline.com/cms/publish/health- fitness/Our_oceans_are_turning_into_plastic_are_we_2_printer.shtml
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals: Spotlight on Bisphenol A." May 2008. (July 3, 2008) http://www.cdc.gov/exposurereport/pdf/factsheet_bisphenol.pdf
- Dunham, Will. "FDA Defends Safety of Baby Bottle Chemical." Abc news. May 14, 2008. (June 24, 2008) http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=4855110
- Environmental Working Group. "Bisphenol A: Toxic Plastics Chemical in Canned Food." March 5, 2007. (June 19, 2008) http://www.ewg.org/reports/bisphenola
- Green Guide. "Baby Bottles: The Backstory." National Geographic. 2008. (June 19, 2008) http://www.thegreenguide.com/products/Kids_and_Babies/Baby_Bottles/4
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. "Since You Asked- Bisphenol A." National Institutes of Health. April 14, 2008. (June 19, 2008) http://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/media/questions/sya-bpa.cfm#2
- Neimark, Jill. "The Dirty Truth About Plastic." Discover. April 18, 2008. (July 2, 2008) http://discovermagazine.com/2008/may/18-the-dirty-truth-about-plastic/?searchterm=bpa
- Page, Shelley. "Bisphenol A for dinner -- again?" The Ottawa Citizen. April 21, 2007. http://www.ewg.org/node/21540
- Zandonella, Catherine, M.P.H. "The Bisphenol-A Debate: A Suspect Chemical in Plastic Bottles and Cans." The Green Guide. May/June 2006. (June 19, 2008) http://www.thegreenguide.com/doc/114/bpa