Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Animation on recombining DNA from DNA Interactive. (Click on techniques, cutting & pasting, and recombining DNA.)
- Story on how human insulin was made by microorganisms for the first time. (Click on production.)
- Becker, Wayne et al. "The World of the Cell." Benjamin Cummings. 2003.
- Boal, David. "Mechanics of the Cell." Cambridge University Press. 2002.
- Campbell, Neil et al. "Biology." Benjamin Cummings. 1999.
- Cold Spring Harbor National Laboratory. DNA Interactive. "Putting it together: synthetic insulin was made using recombinant DNA. 2003. (10/15/2008) http://www.dnai.org/b/index.html
- Doyle, Patrick. Personal interview. Conducted 10/10/2008.
- Eli Lilly and Company. "Humulin R Information for the Patient." 2008. (10/16/2008) http://pi.lilly.com/us/humulin-r-ppi.pdf
- Lu, Ponzy. Personal interview. Conducted 10/10/2008.
- Tamarin, Robert. "Principles of Genetics." McGraw-Hill. 2002.
- Terao, Kyohei et al. "Extending chromosomal DNA in microstructures using electroosmotic flow." Journal of Physics: condensed matter. No. 18. May 10, 2006.
- Terao, Kyohei et al. "On-site manipulation of single chromosomal DNA molecules by using optically driven microstructures." Lab Chip. Vol. 8, no. 8. August 2008.
- Schmetz Needle Corporation. "Sales Guide Ready Reference: Schmetz sewing machine needles." 2008. (10/15/2008) http://www.schmetzneedles.com/Schmetz_Sales_Guide.pdf