Author's Note: How Transhumanism Works
In some of the reading I did for this article, I saw references to people with implants – even something as simple as contact lenses – as cyborgs. I never thought of myself as a cyborg before. Cool.
It's interesting to think of the evolution of this philosophy. Right now, I think parts of it are absurd. But had the philosophy been described centuries ago, I think we'd already qualify as living a transhuman existence. Fast-forward 100 years and maybe these ideas won't seem silly at all.
- Alcor Life Extension Foundation. "Complete List of Alcor Cryopreservations." Dec. 19, 2014. (Jan. 28, 2015) http://www.alcor.org/cases.html
- Alcor Life Extenstion Foundation. "Frequently Asked Questions." (Jan. 30, 2015) http://www.alcor.org/FAQs/faq01.html#cost
- Anissimov, Michael. "Top Ten Transhumanist Technologies." Lifeboat Foundation. (Jan. 22, 2015) http://lifeboat.com/ex/transhumanist.technologies
- Bostrom, Nick. "What is Transhumanism?" World Transhumanist Association. (Jan. 22, 2015) http://www.transhumanism.org/resources/transhumanism.htm
- British Institute of Posthuman Studies. "PostHuman: An Introduction to Transhumanism." Nov. 5, 2013. (Jan. 22, 2015) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMS9y8OVuY
- Cryonics Institute. "The Cryonics Institute's 128th Patient." Jan. 14, 2015. (Jan. 28, 2015) http://www.cryonics.org/case-reports/
- Humanity+. "Transhumanist FAQ." (Jan. 27, 2015) http://humanityplus.org/philosophy/transhumanist-faq/#top