Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Landau, Elizabeth. "Study: Experiences make us happier than possessions." CNN. February 10, 2009. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/10/happiness.possessions/index.html#cnnSTCText
- Nicolao, Leonardo, Irwin, Julie R., and Goodwin, Joseph K. "Happiness for Sale: Do Experiential Purchases Make Consumers Happier Than Material Purchases?" Journal of Consumer Research. Chicago Journals, August 2009.
- San Francisco State University. "Buying experiences, not possessions, leads to greater happiness." February 17, 2009. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090207150518.htm
- Wallendorf, Melanie and Weinberger, Michelle F. "Having vs. doing: materialism, experientialism, and the experience of materiality." Advances in Consumer Research. 2008.http://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/v35/naacr_vol35_476.pdf
- Wolfers, Justin. "Are rich people happier than poor people?" New York Times. April 22, 2008.http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/the-economics-of-happiness-part-4-are-rich-people-happier-than-poor-people/