Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- “The 4-m International Liquid Mirror Telescope Project (ILMT),” by Poels, J., Borra, E., Claeskens, J. F., Jean, C., Manfroid, J., Montfort, F., Moreau, O., Nakos, Th., Surdej, J., Swings, J. P., van Dessel, E., & Vangeyte, B. ASP Conf. Ser., Vol. 238, 2001. http://www.adass.org/adass/proceedings/adass00/P3-13/
- “Amazing New Mirror Reflects Ambition for Lunar Telescope,” by Ker Than. Space.com, June 20, 2007. http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/070620_liquid_mirror.html.
- “Deposition of metal films on an ionic liquid as a basis for a lunar telescope,” by Borra, Ermanno F.; Seddiki, Omar; Angel, Roger; Eisenstein, Daniel; Hickson, Paul; Seddon, Kenneth R.; Worden, Simon P. Nature. Volume 447: June 21, 2007.
- "The Handy Space Answer Book," Phyllis Engelbert and Diane L. Dupuis, Visible Ink Press, Michigan, 1998.
- "How Things Work Today," Edited by Michael Wright and Mukul Patel, Crown Publishers, New York, 2000.
- The Hubble Space Telescope Web Sitehttp://hubble.nasa.gov/index.php
- The James Webb Space Telescope Web Sitehttp://www.jwst.nasa.gov/
- “Liquid mirrors may revolutionize astronomy,” by Michael J. Martin. United Press International, October 12, 2001. http://www.weeklyscientist.com/ws/articles/liquidmirrors.htm.
- “Mirror, Mirror, on the Moon …,” by JR Minkel. Scientific American, June 21, 2007. http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=4A58D50D-E7F2-99DF-3223548BB53CD947&sc=I100322.
- “NASA Liquid-Mirror Telescope on Moon Might See Deeper Back in Time,” June 21, 2007. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/news/releases/2007/07_36AR.html.
- "The New York Public Library Science Desk Reference," Edited by Patricia Barnes-Svarney, Macmillan, New York, 1995.
- “A Plan to Build a Giant Liquid Telescope on the Moon,” by Alexander Gelfand. Wired, May 21, 2007. http://www.wired.com/science/space/news/2007/05/liquid_telescope.
- “Progress made toward lunar liquid mirror telescope,” by Will Dunham. Reuters, June 21, 2007. http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSN2140065620070621.