Stuff you need to know:
- Space Camp isn't an astronaut-training program; it's a program designed to get kids excited about math and science by way of space-related activities.
- The driving force behind the Space Camp idea was Dr. Werner von Braun, head of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in the 1960s and early '70s.
- Space Camp is not run by NASA. It's not even associated with it. The camp is run by the privately funded U.S. Space and Rocket Center, and NASA personnel consult on the curriculum.
- Space Camp isn't just for kids. It's open to people ages 9 and up.
- Space Camp tuition runs anywhere from $500 to $900, depending on length of program and time of year. Scholarships are available.
Now, test your knowledge with these quizzes!
- Space Shuttle Quiz
- Space Out: Mars Quiz
- The Ultimate Moon Quiz
Check out these image galleries!