Lots More Information
Vintage plane wrecks scatter the globe. Learn more about the plane wrecks in this HowStuffWorks Now article.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Abrams, Michael. "Birdmen, Batmen, and Skyflyers: Wingsuits and the Pioneers Who Flew in Them, Fell in Them, and Perfected Them." New York: Harmony, 2006.
- Air Museum, Alverca, Portugal. "History - Torto." 2004. (July 7, 2008)http://www.emfa.pt/www/po/musar/historia/torto.php?>
- Chanute, O. "Progress in Flying Machines." New York: Courier Dover Publications, 1894.
- Hart, Clive. "The Prehistory of Flight." Berkeley and Los Angeles, Calif.: University of California Press, 1985.
- Rumerman, Judy. "The prehistory of powered flight -- an overview." U.S. Centennial of Flight Commission. 2003. (July 7, 2008)http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Prehistory/PH-OV.htm