Lots More InformationRelated HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Blood Works
- How Fear Works
- How Evolution Works
- How Dogs Work
- How can adrenaline help you lift a 3,500-pound car?
More Great Links
- Thomas Hobbes' "The Leviathan" Online
- "Psychosomatic Medicine" Article on Erythrophobia
- 1942 Royal Society B Article on Endothoracic Sympathectomy
- Benis, A.M., Sc.D., M.D. "Evolution of social behavior in primates: Personality traits. A genetic approach to behavior in ancestral hominids."
- Coughlin, Sean. "Too hot to handle." BBC. May 3, 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6618749.stm
- Hobbes, Thomas. "The Leviathan. Chapter XIII: Of the natural condition of mankind as concerning their felicity and misery." 1660. http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl302/texts/hobbes/leviathan-c.html
- Ladd, Andrea. "Physiology of blushing." Ask A Scientist. December 11, 2000. http://www.hhmi.org/cgi-bin/askascientist/highlight.pl?kw=&file=answers%2Fgeneral%2Fans_029.html
- "Hey Bill, why do we blush when we're embarrassed?" Ask Bill Nye. http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/columns/?article=BN_blushing