Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How AIDS Works
- How Viruses Work
- How Your Immune System Works
- Can I get AIDS from a mosquito bite?
- Does male circumcision up the risk of male-to-female HIV transmision?
- How does an oral HIV test work?
More Great Links
- AIDS Education Global Information System
- CDC: Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- The Body: An AIDS and HIV Information Resource
- The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- Lovgren, Stefan. "Circumcision can reduce AIDS risk, study says." National Geographic News. July 27, 2005.
- McNeil, Donald. "Circumcision Halves H.I.V. Risk, U.S. Agency Finds." The New York Times. Dec. 14, 2006.
- Russell, Sabin. "Circumcision may offer Africa AIDS hope: Procedure linked to much lower rate of new HIV infections." San Francisco Chronicle. July 6, 2005.