Nitrous oxide can numb agonizing pain and make you really lightheaded and silly. Learn more about how nitrous oxide works.
More Great Links
- Cohen, Adam. "EU Tobacco Ban Meets Its Swedish Match." Wall Street Journal. Feb. 8, 2008. (Accessed online July 27, 2010.)http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120242666285452015.html
- European Smokeless Tobacco Council. "The Swedish Experience."http://www.estoc.org/key-topics/the-swedish-experience. (Accessed online Aug. 5, 2010).
- Foulds, Jonathan and Helena Furberg. "Is low-nicotine Marlboro snus really snus?" Harm Reduction Journal. Feb. 27, 2008. (Accessed online July 26, 2010).http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2288606/
- Foulds, Jonathan and Lynn Kozlowski. "Snus-what should the public-health response be?" Lancet Magazine. May 10, 2007. (Accessed online July 29, 2010).http://www.tobaccoprogram.org/pdf/snus-response-lancet07.pdf
- Foulds, Jonathan, L. Ramstrom, M. Burke, and K. Fagerstrom. "Effect of smokeless tobacco (snus) on smoking and public health in Sweden." Tobacco Control. June 6, 2003. (Accessed online July 26, 2010.)http://www.tobaccoprogram.org/pdf/TC12349.pdf
- Gartner CE, Hall WD, Chapman S, Freeman B. "Should the Health Community Promote Smokeless Tobacco (Snus) as a Harm Reduction Measure?" Public Library of Science. July 3, 2007. (Accessed online July 26, 2010).http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pmed.0040185
- Landler, Mark and Andrew Martin. "Swedish Smokeless Tobacco Aims at U.S. Market." New York Times. Oct. 3, 2007. (Accessed online July 26, 2010.)http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/03/business/03tobacco.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
- Levy, David T., Elizabeth A. Mumford, K. Michael Cummings, Elizabeth A. Gilpin,
- Gary Giovino, Andrew Hyland, David Sweanor, and Kenneth E. Warner. "The Relative Risks of a Low-Nitrosamine Smokeless Tobacco Product Compared with Smoking Cigarettes: Estimates of a Panel of Experts." Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, & Prevention. July 7, 2004. (Accessed online Aug. 17, 2010.)http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/13/12/2035.abstract
- SwedishMatch, "By Brand List of Ingredients." May 9, 2008. (Accessed online July 29, 2010.)http://www.swedishmatch.com/en/Our-business/Snuff-and-snus/Ingredients-in-snuff/By-brand-list/
- SwedishMatch, "History of Snus." July 8, 2010. (Accessed online July 27, 2010.) http://www.swedishmatch.com/en/Our-business/Snuff-and-snus/History-of-snuff/
- Science Daily. "Use Of Swedish 'Snus' Is Linked To A Doubled Risk Of Pancreatic Cancer." May 11, 2007. (Accessed online July 29, 2010.)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070510095314.htm
- Wilson, Duff and Julie Creswell. "Where There's No Smoke, Altria Hopes There's Fire." New York Times. Jan. 30, 2010. (Accessed online Aug. 17, 2010.)http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/business/31altria.html