Author's Note: Can twins sense each other?
My sister and I are only one year apart, not quite twins, but pretty close — in age and, as adults, close to each other. We look somewhat alike — enough that you can tell we're sisters. And we sound a lot alike, have similar mannerisms, often finish each other's sentences, can go on separate shopping trips and end up with very similar clothes or shoes. I can only imagine we'd be one of those weird pairs who dress alike just to freak people out if we really were twins.
More Great Links
- Blackmore, Susan and Frances Chamberlain. "ESP and Thought Concordance in Twins: A Method of Comparison." April 1993. (March 21, 2015) http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Articles/PDFs/JSPR%201993.pdf
- Fiegl, Amanda. "Special Interview: Twins Expert Dr. Nancy Segal." National Geographic. 2012. (March 8, 2015) http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2012/01/twins/segal-interview
- NBC News. "Is 'twin communication' a real thing?" Dec. 28, 2011. (March 8, 2015) http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/12/28/9750598-is-twin-communication-a-real-thing?d=1
- Radford, Benjamin. "Do Twins Have a Mysterious Connection?" Discovery News. June 27, 2013. (March 8, 2015) http://news.discovery.com/human/psychology/the-mysterious-twin-connection-130627.htm
- University of Washington Twin Registry. "Can twins read each other's minds?" April 30, 2013. (March 8, 2015) http://uwtwinregistry.org/can-twins-read-each-others-minds/