Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Evolution Works
- How Natural Selection Works
- How Population Works
- Could agricultural biotechnology end famine?
More Great Links
- Baron, David. "Thomas Malthus." NPR Weekend Sunday. June 7, 1998. (Sept. 12, 2010)http://www.npg.org/projects/malthus/npr_story.htm
- Campbell, Neil A. and Jane B. Reece. "Biology." Seventh edition. Benjamin Cummings. 2005.
- Cohen, Joel E. "Human Population Grows Up." Scientific American. September 2005.
- Guralnick, Rob and David Polly. "Thomas Malthus." University of California Museum of Paleontology. (Sept. 12, 2010)http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/malthus.html
- Hails, Chris, ed. "Living Planet Report 2008." World Wildlife Fund. WWF International. (Aug. 29, 2010)http://assets.panda.org/downloads/living_planet_report_2008.pdf
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. "The Specter of Malthus Returns." Scientific American. September 2008.
- de Waal, Frans B. M., Filippo Aureli and Peter G. Judge. "Coping with Crowding." Scientific American. May 2000.
- Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity. "Sustaining Life on Earth: How the Convention on Biological Diversity Promotes Nature and Human Well-being." April 2000. (Aug. 29, 2010)http://www.cbd.int/convention/guide/
- Thomson, Keith. "1798: Darwin and Malthus." American Scientist. May-June 1998. (Sept. 12, 2010)http://www.americanscientist.org/issues/num2/1798-darwin-and-malthus/2