Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Wages Work
- Is there a gender gap in the workplace?
- How Employee Compensation Works
- How Women Work
- Do men and women have different brains?
- How Unemployment Works
- How 401(k) Plans Work
- How Recessions Work
- Why do girls wear pink and boys wear blue?
- Why would a female athlete fail a gender test?
More Great Links
- National Women's History Museum
- Women's History Month
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Highlights of Women's Earnings in 2007
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Working Mothers and Child Care
- Barreca, Regina. "Run By Women, The World Would Be Better and More Fun:
- History would have been better had women been the dominant sex." Psychology Today. March 17, 2010. (8/25/2010) http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/snow-white-doesnt-live-here-anymore/201003/run-women-the-world-would-be-better-and-more-fun
- Eller, Cynthia. "The Myth of Matriarchal Prehistory: Why an Invented Past Won't Give Women a Future." Beacon Press. 2000. (8/25/2010) http://books.google.com/books?id=E0mvTyM6GVUC&lpg=PA87&dq=The%20Myth%20of%20Matriarchal%20Prehistory%3A%20Why%20An%20Invented%20Past%20Will%20Not%20Give%20Women%20a%20Future&pg=PP11#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Gannon, Joyce. "When it comes to spending, dad gets the hook: Studies show moms still control bulk of purchase decisions in the home." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 17, 2007. (8/25/2010) http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07168/794605-28.stm
- Goettner-Abendroth, Heide. "Modern Matriarchal Studies: Definitions, Scope and Topicality." 2nd World Congress on Matriarchal Studies. (8/25/2010)http://www.second-congress-matriarchal-studies.com/goettnerabendroth.html
- Meese, Mickey. "What Do Women Want? Just Ask." New York Times. Oct. 29, 2006. (8/25/2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/business/yourmoney/29women.html
- Kosty, Pam. "Indonesia's matriarchal Minangkabau offer an alternative social system." EurekAlert! May 9, 2002. (8/25/2010) http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2002-05/uop-imm050902.php
- "Return to the Ice Age: The La Brea Explooration Guide." La Brea Tar Pits. (8/25/2010) http://www.tarpits.org/education/guide/index.html
- Rosin, Hanna. "The End of Men." The Atlantic. (8/25/2010) http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/07/the-end-of-men/8135/
- Sanday, Peggy. " Women at the Center: Life in a Modern Matriarchy." Cornell University Press. 2002. (8/25/2010)http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~psanday/sanday.htm
- "The emerging power of women!" TheMarketingSite.com. (8/25/2010) http://www.themarketingsite.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=4278&Revision=en%2F0&Start=0
- "Women and Philanthtopy: Sharing the Wealth." PBS. (8/25/2010) http://www.pbs.org/ttc/headlines_economics_philanthropy.html